Thursday, January 27, 2011

Comparisons of Tragedy

One of my favorite games to pass the time is World of Warcraft which I have played for many years. It wasn't until recently that I had the chance to read the lore and stories of the various leaders and discovered a rather ironic but tragic parallel between myself and a virtual being.

April 1, 1999 at 6:32 pm, a time that is forever fixed in my memory as the point I died and ceased to exist as I once was. A drunk driver desecrated my spirit, corrupted my body and soul, and brought me back as a whirlwind of torment and hatred. My physical body no longer responded to my wishes and I was left in a mangled state, tortured by pain, anger and hatred. My only hope for salvation was to adapt to my new being and adapt to a world I no longer properly fit into. In the 2 years of hospitalization that adapation slowly took place, I learned to control my body and not let it control me, my injuries do not define me, my soul and heart define me and while I lost many abilities, I gained many more in return. While I continue to this day to battle, the battles are mere hurdles. To those who wish to stand in my way, I will roll over you. I have no tolerance for those who say "It cannot be done", as I will find a way to get it done.

You gain strength, courage in every experience in which you stop to look fear in the face. You must do that which you think you cannot do.



Always Vigilant

Feliciana



  
  The Story in question can be found here: http://www.wowwiki.com/Sylvanas_Windrunner

1 comment:

  1. I have wondered about the story behind your injury,I did not want to intrude as we have only known each other a short time, however I feel like long time and dear friends. Some how I know you and have always known you, my wife and I are soul mates, we were never unknown to each other and I feel the same for you. Our lives are enriched by your friendship and you are missed on those rare days we don't see you on face book or world of warcraft. I sense your strength, I will never stand in you way friend but you will always find me by your side. ~Don

    ReplyDelete